Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1st Email from Brazil

I'm Elder Mitchell's mom and I will be posting his emails home here on his blog for him. Hopefully he will be able to email once a week. This is from today.

Well everything here has been great. I will send pictures as soon as I can. Did you get the letter that I wrote last week? We missed PDay last week so i wasn't able to get on last week.
The Portuguese has been coming slowly but surely but its still hard because everyone thinks I am from Brazil so they just start spitting out Portuguese super fast but its all good. There has been many inspirational things that I could share but I forgot them inside the CTM. Yeah its the center for training missionaries here in Brazil. Last Friday we went proselyting downtown Sao Paolo. Wow, that was an amazing experience. We had 2 weeks of Portuguese under our belts and we were out trying to talk about the Restored Gospel and people were actually listening. There was so much that I wanted to say but I couldn't and there was obviously a lot that they had to say but I couldn't understand them. LOL it was actually really fun and a great experience.
I have a new companion. His name is Elder Arroyo and he´s from Mississippi. Him and I are the only ones in our district from the south and so its actually really interesting how things work out. He is a super clown, not someone I would think I would chill with back at home but it's crazy how the Lord puts people together and opens up peoples eyes.
We have 2 new teachers as well. Irmao Parapato and Irma De Santana. They are both awesome and its just so amazing how quick we are picking up this language and how quick we can learn something so different.
Hows everything going there? I hope everything's going great. I cant wait to hear from you and I will definitely have something a little more interesting next week. I just totally forgot to grab my note book. But take care everyone!

Elder Mitchell

No comments: