Wednesday, August 26, 2009

08/26/09 Email

Hey everyone,
Yeah things here are going good. I am in this area that has been a little slow but we can get it up and running. A lot of people are well off and so they think that they don’t need anything else in their lives so it’s hard to get in but its only been a week. The last couple of missionaries that worked in this area didn’t do a lot of work so every night this week I was trying to reorganize and make some of these things a little easier for us. We have an area that we work in and the area is separated into 5 mini areas and these areas are categorized by colors so I just went through all of our records and color coded all of the old investigators/ members/ prospective investigators. TOOK FOR EVER! But I know the area really well already and so these next couple of weeks should be getting easier. Usually the missionaries in this area only get about 10 lessons in and last week we got 17. So it’s already looking up but we only had 3 so far this week so we have a lot of work in front of us. My companion is pretty new in this area so it’s a little hard for him as well.
It’s only been a week but I really like the members here. They have 8 missionaries out and so some of them are actually super excited about the work. We will have to do some changes to help it out but other than that I think it will be an awesome transfer. They just had a baptism and now we get to start teaching her family.
We went to the zoo today and it was pretty cool. We stayed there a little longer than I would like but its okay. It was still good. While we were there 2 bears were fighting each other. So I guess it was pretty interesting. This was a free zoo so it wasn’t like super spectacular but it wasn’t bad. Had a lot of birds and such but I will put up some pictures another day.
Well other than that, not much else has been going on. Just working lol. Well I hope everyone is doing great. Take care and have a good week!

Elder Justin Mitchell

No comments: