Wednesday, April 8, 2009

04/08/09 Email

Hey yeah I am super excited to get out of the CTM just because its kind of getting old sitting here going to class everyday all day. I just can't wait to talk to real people about this wonderful gift. But everything here has been great. We did get to listen to conference and it was pretty amazing. This was the first time i listened to all 5 sessions and I got so much out of it. I really got a lot out of Elder Holland's talk about Jesus Christ and about the whole season of Easter. So amazing. It definitely made me start thinking about what I am doing here and who I am. (Here's the link to the audio of that talk: Link )

But anyway thanks for everyone's prayers and hi´s I really appreciate it.

I leave next week to a new place and officially starting what I came to do. (Mom you can send the stuff to the mission home that was in the packet.) I am ready to go and I can't wait to see what's in store for me around the corner. Everything here seems just like life. A lot of people think of Brazil as this beautiful place where everything is perfect, and it is in some areas, but we see many areas were there are people who are just happy with almost nothing. I've just come to a realization that I am truly blessed and that there are people in worse circumstances than I am, but they have done the best they could with what they had. And that's what we must do: work as hard as we can and do the best that we can with what we have. Then we will be truly successful and we will reach places we never thought we would. Reach for the stars and you will get to the top of the mountains, reach for the top of the mountains and you barely get started. Reach to start your trek and you get nowhere. Believe in yourself and give yourself the opportunity to be successful. You never know what you can become if you never try.

And yes ma'am, I got your letter Aunta Nita thanks. And mom, I sent a couple of letters. I hope you receive one soon. People are saying that it takes 6 weeks to get to Texas, so it might be a little longer. But take care everyone! Love you lots. Mom, as for the Ensign I don't know yet, and I don't know when pday is, lol. I'll let you know next week. Cião,e tem um bom semana tambem. Obrigado por sua oraçeos e por sue amor. Eu sou muito benção por teranda boa amigos e familia marvilhosa. Até logo.


-Elder Mitchell

No comments: