Wednesday, April 22, 2009

04/22/09 Email

Hey I hope you can open this. We got disconnected from the internet earlier and I hadda wait til now. NIGHT! its 8 30 here.

The first week here was crazy. I found out I really don’t know any Portuguese I like the food here a lot. The people in my area aren’t as open as the rest of Brazil, so no, I’m not getting baptisms every other day. I wish And as for the days, they are long. We have one of the biggest areas in Curitiba and I guess Guabiratuba means land of many hills because it seems like we have to go uphill both ways to get somewhere and back, lol.

Hmm so about the members here huh? Well all of the members are great, and we have some really good investigators but its just hard to find people to keep commitments, like when they set up an appointment that they are home lol. But they are really like Americans, they just speak a different language. You have the guys with Mohawks and handlebar moustaches. The people listening to American rock drinking outside. The kids all still listening to Lil Wayne ( in English), so am I really in a different country?? Lol things are great. The kids are awesome. They are helping me with my Portuguese. My companion is really patient with me. Our investigators are progressing. We have found some good people, they just aren’t doing the things we ask so they can't be baptized. But our goal is to baptize 2 by the end of the month and I'm guessing it will be Miguel (a man whose wife is a inactive member, he plays soccer, has a kid, and knows the church is true but has a hard time getting to church) and Selete (A catholic professor who definitely knows what we are saying is true but has commitments with the church so we've got to get that worked out.) And we have others who need to get married first or try to work out not working Sunday mornings etc. But I love it here. The scenery is wonderful, and I like the city so things are good.

I hope all is well for you in the US. I have you all in my prayers. Até logo!(until later)

Elder Mitchell

No comments: