Wednesday, April 15, 2009

04/15/09 Email

Since Justin left the Training Center yesterday, I didn't know if I'd hear from him this week. But I got this quick update:

Hey, I didn't know if I would have been able to get on or not. My new companions name is Elder Rodrigues and we are in Curitiba but like 1 hr from the central. Its called Guabirutuba and its pretty nice. They don't get much baptism right now in this area and we are hoping to change that. At every chapel they have a futsol court, lol. (soccer on a court with small goals) and its pretty cool I played last night with some of the kids and dads from the church. It was fun.
Haha, if you know my son, you knew that it would only be a matter of time before he found a soccer, or futsol, game.


As for everything, its been really good. Now that I'm here, I'm just getting everything organized to start working. Its been really good tho. I'm excited to see what is to come. I met the Mission president and he's really nice and my companion is real cool. I just can't understand him all the time, lol. I just shake my head and copy what his facial expressions are, lol. But I've got to run, we don't have the full time today but I will let you know more next week.


Oh yeah. Here we ride buses all the time and they are always packed kind of crazy but its the major type of transportation. The food here is so amazing. I guess I kind of just smoosh everything together so I just taste what I want to taste lol. The people are so friendly so far and its just so beautiful around here. Even if the houses arent like perfect its just the scenery is so nice. But take care! Ciao!

No comments: