Wednesday, May 13, 2009

05/13/09 Email home

Hey Everyone!
As for the flooding and the droughts, I am nowhere near there. I have heard about it and It's not even in my state so no worries. Thanks if you were :) As for this week it has been great. We have 2 baptisms marked YEAH! and we are almost over with this transfer (Every 6 weeks we might move or someone moves in) so we are trying to get as much done as we can. This weekend I got to talk to my family. It was nice to speak English for a while lol but we did find out no more soccer so that was a bummer. We have a zone conference next Tuesday so I will definitely update you on that next week and we have more training on Friday so that should be fun too.

Also this week I have had some time to think about what I need to really be doing here and I needed to turn up the heat again and I created 800 new words to learn on notecards. What a great way to study. Because I can just walk around and just have these small cards with me. So everyone, if you want to learn something. This will work. Biology, Calculus, another language, your extended families names. LOL we have so much time going from place to place I guess why not fill it with something constructive. Unless you are the one driving, then I wouldn't want to be the cause of any accidents.

Hmm what else really happened this week for me to share. Its actually been kind of the same. We have a a new family to help out, I'm half way on the BOM since I came on the field. No divisions or special meetings. Except for today, we are doing this missionary choir thing now so that's cool. We are singing at the conference.

The language is going well, people can't believe I have only been here for 3 months and I am not Brazilian so that's cool, and I have had an opportunity to re-evaluate myself. So all for all, the week was great. I got the chance to write back some more people who have written me. Thanks and sorry I am so far away but it takes 4 wks to get here and 4 wks to get back to you so try to tell the future when you are talking to me and I will try to do the same :)

Never quit, this week I went back and looked at some of the things mom sent me and I ran across a poem I had her send me. And it's really true. Out of all the things we have in life, sometimes we have to take a leap and not know what's on the other side to find the things we love. Some of us get caught up in jobs we don't like or doing things we couldn't care less about, but why be scared to try something new? It's never to late to follow your dreams and it's never to late to find something better. But don't just leave something you already have. Look at it and try to find the best in what you have as well. All things have good things about them I think. But others just have more. Make the best with what you've got, and if you want something else that much more try to go and get it. We are here on this Earth to receive happiness and joy. So why not strive to get it. Remember who can help us and remember who we are. Thank those around you who have put you where you are and pray to recognize those who are helping us get to where we want to be. I love you all and thanks for everything. I finally put the new pictures up so check them out here and I will talk to you all next week.
Ciao Ciao de Brasil!
Elder Mitchell

No comments: