Wednesday, July 8, 2009

07/08/09 email

Hey it is another day and its pretty exciting. I have a new companion. His name is Elder Groesbeck. And yeah he is from Utah but he only lived there for 2 years. He moved from California where he spent a lot of his life. He likes dancing and hip hop lol. He asked me about soul food. I laughed. But I am in the same area in Guabirotuba and he has been out for a little bit longer than a year.
But everything here is going well, hope to get better. This week we didn't really do much because Elder Rodrigues has been sick. It's been hard, he couldn't do a lot of walking so I went with a member and we just went and did the lessons while he rested. The language has been getting better everyday. I just got to use it more often.
Yeah I heard about the Michael Jackson Memorial yesterday. I thought it would be good, and the Usher song was good I'm guessing. That's cool. He did influence a lot of people and I'm sure many people will remember him for years to come. It's sad how many people were talking down on him, though, and now its like hmm.
But things here are definitely going well. Not much going on like I said but hope everything is well there. I just bought a new dictionary that's in Portuguese, so that's nice. Our small dictionaries didn't have a lot of words and just translated the words. Now my new one just explains them in Portuguese so it helps me learn a lot better.
And I blew a tire lol. You remember how all my cleats have a hole in the side of them. I think there is something wrong with the way I walk or something because I now have a hole in the side of my shoes lol. Its crazy. I was trying to last til the 14 because that would be 5 month mark. But its alright. The mission has some shoes for 35 reais. 17$ American. So I'll probably try those out. Well have a good week. Talk to you later.
Love ya.
Elder Mitchell

No comments: