Wednesday, July 15, 2009

07/15/09 Email

Hey! Thanks for the package, its awesome. I am listening to the music right now! But things here are great. We have been doing work here. We taught 19 lessons in the past week and Monday we had 6 in one day. Usually we do only like 10 a week but things are diff now.
I guess I never really talked about what I am doing here and why I am here. I am in Brasil to help people find faith in Christ and help them change their lives to become more like our Savior like He has asked many times in the Bible. "Become perfect as I and as my Father in heaven are". To do this we must follow His instructions He gives and to remember Him in all we do. But we walk around trying to invite others to hear our message. And these messages are called lessons. These lessons range from - Restoration, Plan of Salvation, Gospel of Christ, and the commandments. But yeah, that's what I'm doing. We have different areas here and I am working in Guabirotuba, but I could go anywhere in the south east of the state of Parana here in Brasil.
Well this week has started great. Monday we had a Family Home Evening(a program to help build families) with AniMeri, Carlos and their kids and I spoke on the atonement and how it has blessed our lives. We returned Tuesday and she told me that there was something about my message, not that I was speaking broken Portuguese but that the spirit was talking to her and she started talking about how I have blessed them. They call me "Anjo Americano" - American Angel. Its awesome to be able to touch a family this way.
It really made me think about how big of an impact we truly have. Just being a friend makes a big difference in another's life.
My partner here is cool. He is still learning the language and now I don't have much time to study because I am planning every night for like a hour for the next day. Kinda stinks but its okay.
Today we are going to the Temple (a very beautiful and sacred place where members go and learn and make promises with our heavenly Father.) with a Catholic Teacher(Salete) should be an awesome day.
Well got to go. Thanks everyone who has written this past week to my mom and has sent mail (Scott, Aunta Nita, The Other Mitchells, Yolie, Bishop Doyle.) I look forward from hearing from everyone! And I will write you back as well.
Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell

No comments: