Wednesday, July 22, 2009

07/22/09 Email

Hey this week has been great! We have already taught 8 lessons, 4 Monday and 4 Tuesday. We have been doing a lot of work with our less actives and trying to help them out a lot. We have this family that is just so awesome that we are trying to get to church. They have 8 kids and I see them everywhere I go. Its crazy because they are always like hey speak English. How do you say this how do you say that? LOL and its so hard sometimes because I rarely speak English that its just umm... But its okay.
We marked 3 dates this week already and they are all 18 and 22. Its really cool. We are trying to get a soccer match going again on Tuesday nights but we still haven't found a leader to open the courts yet so we are still working on that because we are teaching a lot of people who like to play. But one day it will work out.
Things here are good. Just been working hard on patience. A lot of people are ignorant and it's just sad that they say they are Christians and are so rude. IDK but if a Christian is a person who follows Christ, I doubt they would be acting a fool. But it's okay. I have been reading a lot about how to be more like a representative of Christ. It's good. I am a lot better now than I was before I got to Brazil, so that's good. We are having an activity this week and we can't do a lot. It's a government thing they are holding at our church building. So we have to spend 5 hours hoping and wishing that people ask us who we are and ask for more information. It will be 80 mothers from the area for some activity. I don't know what for sure but its supposed to be nice for them.
As for the week, it's been good. We met 3 boys that are 17-19 years old and they were super cool. It was really cool to talk to them about life and help them out. We have their number and just haven't called yet so I will let you know how it goes with them. We had an activity here in Guabirotuba with our district and we ate missionary stew, played basketball and I cut peoples hair. It was fun.
Well that's all for me this week. Talk to you later. Thanks for the prayers!

Elder Mitchell

No comments: