Wednesday, July 1, 2009

07/01/09 email

Hey everyone,
Mom, yeah I know Elder Madrid. He got stuck at the airport on our way to Curitiba. So he had to wait for like 2 hours for the next plane. Sad news. But its alright. You are also talking to another mom. I forgot his name, but he came up to me at the Zone Conference and was like your mom is talking to my mom. I was like O? Cool lol. I didn't know what to say.

But things here are good. We are going paintballing today. YEAH!! For our zone activity we are going, but its like 2 hrs away and so I'm doing all this now because I wont have time later to get on the net. But as for the shoes lol. I am still using the same shoes that I have and they aren't in horrible shape so its all good. 200 dollar shoes? Elder Cox was telling me about some shoes policemen use that are only like 100 and they lasted this guy in his ward 6 yrs of police duty. So IDK. I will find out next time I see Elder Cox.

100 degree weather there? Aw sorry, here its like 12 celsius. Not too bad. But it was super cold like 3 cels. a couple of days ago. Very sad that its Brasil right? But its okay. Everything is all good.

Umm. New and exciting. Not really. I only have a couple days left with Elder Rodrigues and things are a lot better now than they were before. I really did learn a lot. And I have improved my language a lot but I just don't notice because everyone is fluent here so I'm comparing my language with theirs. Is that fair? LOL O I don't know if I am moving or not, I will find out this up coming Monday and I will let you know the details on Wednesday. But we just found that out so I decided to let you know. It will be really strange to stay companions for this long. So that's the reason I figure. I guess I don't really know but I am guessing. We think that I will be moving areas but not for sure.

I like that quote you sent, Set Your Goals High Enough To Inspire You And Low Enough To Encourage You. very true.

But things here have been pretty slow since last time I talked to you. Just went on division with some members and I got a chance to go out with Diogo (He returned from Rio de Janeiro last yr) and he is visiting America for 6 months this August. But it was nice to hear about things and to see how a mission should be. It's really crazy the first few weeks but when you get to hear other stories it's great.

I have been playing the piano on my pdays and I have the right hand down pretty good by itself and the left hand by itself. But when I try to put them together :( not so great. But I guess we will just see what happens.

Hey I just found out that Elder Madrid is moving missions. He is in the Londrina mission now. They changed the borders of the mission. Now I wont be able to visit Foz de Iguaçu. This is the great waterfalls they have here in the State of Parana. Disappointing. But its okay.

And I heard bout the game on Sunday. Didn't get to watch it but that's crazy that America has been doing so well this year. But it wasn't too crazy here. I guess it wasn't like a big deal here cuz it was the US and it was a close match so they were scared at first lol. They thought they were going to kill us. But they didn't. Can't wait til next year for the World CUP!!

And thanks. Its going to be fun to paintball. People are talking a lot of mess too lol. Well that's pretty much it for me here. Not much goin on but have a great week. Love you.

Elder Mitchell

No comments: